Ways to Give
All gifts are vital to the support of The Overlake School. There are many different ways to make a gift. Listed below are options you may wish to consider when making a gift to Overlake.
Making a secure online gift is easy!
Please visit our online giving form to make a secure online donation or pledge to the school’s Overlake Fund or Senior Class Legacy Fund. Overlake accepts American Express, Discover, MasterCard and Visa, as well as e-check (you will need your bank account and routing numbers).
Alternatively, you can set up a pledge by emailing Megan Rodrigues, or calling her at 425-602-7052. Please note that Overlake Fund pledges should be fulfilled by June 15, 2021.
Giving by Mail
Current gifts are always appreciated and are tax deductible to the fullest extent as permitted by law. To send a check, please make a note of its purpose (e.g., Overlake Fund, Senior Class Legacy Fund, Endowment, etc.) and mail to:
The Overlake School
Attn: Development Office
20301 NE 108th St
Redmond, WA 98053
If you hold securities that would incur a tax on capital gains if sold, your outright gift to Overlake could mean significant savings. You obtain a tax deduction for the full market value of the gift, and you may avoid a tax on the increase in value. For instructions on how to make a gift of securities to Overlake, please email Brisen Brady, Director of Development, or call her at 425-602-7054.
Many companies offer matching gifts programs for employees; please contact your HR department for details. Matching gifts are a great way to help Overlake meet its fundraising objectives while maximizing your philanthropic giving.
Matching gifts will be applied toward a donor’s total giving level. Please email Megan Rodrigues, or call her at 425-602-7052 with any questions regarding matching gifts.
Memorial and Honor Gifts
Overlake gratefully recognizes gifts made in memory or in honor of friends, family or faculty members, or to acknowledge a birthday, graduation or other significant event.
Overlake is pleased to accept gifts to our growing endowment, which helps ensure the future of the school. For more information about giving to our endowment, please visit the Endowment page. In addition, donations to the endowment may be made via a deferred gift, as detailed below.
Shop For Overlake
Overlake partners with several companies that give a percentage of sales back to the school when our community shops, including Amazon and eScrip.
Amazon will generously give 0.5% back to Overlake on all orders processed through their AmazonSmile program. On your first visit to AmazonSmile, select The Overlake School as your charitable organization. Amazon will remember your selection, and then every eligible purchase you make through either Amazon or AmazonSmile will result in a donation. Visit Overlake’s donation page on Amazon.
eScrip is an easy fundraising program that everyone in the community can participate in. Sign up your grocery club cards, credit cards and debit/ATM cards, and a portion of your purchases at participating businesses will go back to Overlake, at no cost to you! To join today, please complete this short eScrip registration form. Returning eScrip supporters can add Overlake as an eScrip recipient.
Planned Giving Opportunities
The Overlake Heritage Society recognizes and honors indivduals who have included the school in their estate plans. Overlake’s planned giving program provides a variety of ways to make a planned gift that does not deplete lifetime assets and, in some cases, can furnish additional income and significant tax deductions. Below is a list of options you may wish to consider when making a gift to Overlake:
- Bequests - A gift provided in your will may be a percentage of your estate, the residual of the estate, a certain item or a specific dollar amount. Estate taxes may be reduced by a bequest to Overlake.
- Charitable Remainder Trust - This trust provides either a fixed or variable income for you and your family. Part of the trust qualifies for an income tax deduction and at the death of the last beneficiary, the assets of the trust are distributed to Overlake.
- Charitable Lead Trust - This trust allows you to pass on assets to family members with significant estate and gift tax savings while allowing Overlake to benefit from the income for the duration of the trust.
- Gifts of Real Estate - A gift of real estate provides considerable tax benefits. You also have the option of retaining the right to occupy the property for life or even to receive the income it generates.
- Gifts of Life Insurance or Pension Benefits - A gift of life insurance allows you to contribute a previously acquired policy that may no longer be needed for its initial purpose and realize tax benefits. Overlake may also be named as a beneficiary of a life insurance policy, company pension or profit-sharing plan, or of a private fund such as an IRA, Keogh or tax-sheltered annuity.
We appreciate your interest in and support of The Overlake School. Your attorney or financial planner can provide additional information on how these ways of giving apply to your specific situation. If you are interested in learning more about these gift opportunities for you and Overlake, please email Brisen Brady, Director of Development, or call her at 425-602-7054.
The Overlake School is an incorporated not-for-profit, 501(c)(3), tax ID # 91-0814431. Gifts made to the school are tax deductible to the extent allowed by IRS regulations for charitable donations.
Overlake Fund & Senior Class Legacy Fund Giving Circles
$25,000+ • 1967 Founders Circle
$15,000 - $24,999 • Head’s Circle
$10,000 - $14,999 • Green and Gold Circle
$5,000 - $9,999 • Tall Firs Circle
$3,000 - $4,999 • Leadership Circle
$1,000 - $2,999 • Owls Circle
$1 - $999 • Friends of Overlake