SSAT & ISEE Testing
Which test to take
Applicants to Overlake are required to take either the Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT) or the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE). For applicants to 11th grade, we will accept PSAT or ACT scores in lieu of the SSAT or ISEE.
Due to COVID-19 pandemic, this year, both the SSAT and ISEE will have the option for at-home testing. For the 2020-21 application process, students applying for grades 6 through 11 must take the SSAT or the ISEE. For students applying for the 5th grade, testing will be optional.
Learn about SSAT at-home testing
Learn about ISEE at-home testing
When to take the test
- US applicants: In order to ensure that all test scores are in by the January 14, 2021 deadline, Upper School applicants must take the SSAT exam on or before January 11, 2021.
- MS applicants: Middle School applicants must take the exam on or before February 8, 2021.
How to take the test
Character Skills Snapshot
What is it?
Character and personal growth are an integral part of the Overlake education. We know that your child is more than just grades and test scores, so we are asking all applicants to take the Character Skills Snapshot (CSS) to help us understand how your student would learn in our community. We require all applicants applying to grades 6-12 take the CSS.
Learn more about the Character Skills Snapshot.
- Students taking the SSAT: free
- Students taking the ISEE: $35
How to get access
- Students taking the SSAT: once you register for the SSAT, you will have access to the CSS. This is an online assessment completed at home and is separate from the SSAT testing date.
- Students taking the ISEE: please email email@example.com to gain access to the CSS.
Admission Key Dates
January 14, 2021
Completed Application due
February 4, 2021
Financial Aid Application due
February 19, 2021
Upper School Notification
March 19, 2021
Middle School Notification