SSAT & ISEE Testing
All applicants applying to Overlake are required to take either the Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT) or the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE). For applicants to 11th grade, we will accept PSAT or ACT scores in lieu of the SSAT or ISEE. Overlake can only accept current year testing results. Students will have the option of a paper test or test at home.
When to take the test
- US applicants: Upper School applicants must take the SSAT paper-based test on or before January 8, 2022.
- US applicants: Upper School applicants must take the SSAT computer-based or at-home test on or before February 1, 2022.
- MS applicants: Middle School applicants must take the paper-based test on or before February 26, 2022.
- MS applicants: Middle School applicants must take the computer-based or at-home test on or before March 1, 2022.
For more information about testing options and dates - please visit
SSAT - https://www.ssat.org/testing/overview or
How to take the test
Character Skills Snapshot
What is it?
Character and personal growth are an integral part of the Overlake education. We know that your child is more than just grades and test scores, so we are asking all applicants to take the Character Skills Snapshot (CSS) to help us understand how your student would learn in our community. We require all applicants applying to grades 6-12 take the CSS.
Learn more about the Character Skills Snapshot.
- Students taking the SSAT: free
- Students taking the ISEE: $35
How to get access
- Students taking the SSAT: once you register for the SSAT, you will have access to the CSS. This is an online assessment completed at home and is separate from the SSAT testing date.
- Students taking the ISEE: please email email@example.com to gain access to the CSS.
Admission Key Dates
January 13, 2022
Completed Application due
February 3, 2022
Financial Aid Application due
February 25, 2022
Upper School Notification
March 18, 2022
Middle School Notification