Safety and respect for all students and our valued drivers are the primary concerns for the Transportation Department. The following rules are designed to give students a safe ride to and from school. The school will communicate to the parents if a problem is developing so we can all work together for an acceptable solution. Any student that violates the rules of bus conduct may lose bus riding privileges. Appropriate action will be taken by the Assistant US or MS Heads as necessary.
- Students are under the authority of the bus driver while on the bus. The bus driver has the right to assign seats to students as needed.
- Students shall not be on the bus for any reason unless a driver is present.
- Students should arrive at the bus stop 5 minutes prior to the scheduled depart time.
- Students will stand away from the roadway as the bus approaches or leaves a bus stop.
- Students will cross any streets at the driver's signal.
- Students must sit while the bus is moving and not change seats without permission from the driver.
- Students should keep the conversation at classroom level.
- Conversations shall be kept appropriate — obscene language or any form of harassment is not allowed.
- Students should not gesture to pedestrians or motorists.
- Students should keep all body parts and belongings inside the bus, and should keep hands, feet, and belongings to themselves.
- Students should refrain from throwing things on the bus or out the windows.
Belongings & Property
- Backpacks, personal belongings and band instruments should be kept in or below the same seat with the student on the bus.
- Belongings should be kept out of the aisles and emergency exits.
- In accordance with state school bus laws, students shall not bring any live animals, glass containers, or ski equipment on the bus.
- Students shall respect other students and their property, as well as bus property, not vandalizing or damaging seats, windows, etc.
- Students shall keep the bus clean and place all trash in the proper receptacles.
- Food is not allowed on our school buses. This policy is consistent with all other school districts in the area and will help keep our students safe and our bus fleet clean.
Using Different Buses & Stops
- Students who need to ride a different bus or get off the bus at a different bus stop will need a bus pass.
- To bring a non-riding friend home, the friend will need a guest pass.
- For student safety, all Overlake bus and guest pass procedures must be followed.
to view bus service details and fees, download the transportation calendar, and register your student for transportation.