How to Apply
We use an online application system called Ravenna. Ravenna allows applicant families to access, submit and track all application documents and steps. Ravenna is also where you will sign up for events like Open houses, tours and interviews. Please follow the link to Ravenna to create an account to explore our application requirements and start the application.
Select a requirement below for more information:
To begin the application process, first create a Ravenna Account.
The initial application requests basic information along with an application fee of $50 for domestic applicants or $200 for international applicants. International applicants are any students who are attending a school outside the United States, or students in the US who will require a student visa to study at Overlake. Questions about International status? Please contact the Admission Office.
The parent statement provides us with important family information and allows us to learn more about family dynamics and goals.
The student essay allows us to gauge the applicant’s writing ability and learn more about their foundational life experiences.
This form asks the applicant to share their favorite activities, interests, and passions.
While Overlake will accept either the Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT) or the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE), we prefer the SSAT. Current year standardized testing results are required. Please see our Testing page for more information.
We require that all applicants to Grades 6-12 take the Character Skills Snapshot. For students who take the SSAT, there is no charge to take the Snapshot. Once you register for the SSAT, you will have access to The Snapshot. For more information see https://ssat.org/snapshot.
For students who take the ISEE, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to gain access to the Snapshot. There is a $35 fee for ISEE test takers. Fee waivers are available for those in need.
The Character Skills Snapshot: Character and personal growth are an integral part of the Overlake education. We know that your child is more than just grades and test scores, so we are asking all applicants to take the Character Skills Snapshot to give us more information. The Snapshot will help us understand how your student would learn in our community.
- Applicants for grades 5-6: One form must be delegated to a current core grade-level teacher. If there is more than one teacher, delegate the second form to the other teacher. If the applicant has only one core teacher, the second form should be given to the previous year’s teacher.
- Applicants for grades 7-12: Delegate one evaluation form to a current English or Social Studies teacher, and the second request to a current Math or Science teacher.
- Applicants for grades 5-6: Overlake requires records from the first term of the 2019-20 school year, along with the previous school year (2018-19). The Common Records Request Form can be printed out from the applicant’s Ravenna account and submitted to their current school.
- Applicants for grades 7-12: Overlake requires records from the first term of the 2019-20 school year, along with the previous two school years (2018-19 and 2017-18). The Common Records Request Form can be printed out from the applicant’s Ravenna account and submitted to their current school.
- Applicants for grades 5-6: We invite them to come for a one hour visit to participate in a group activity with Overlake teachers. Their visit gives us an opportunity to see them work in a classroom environment.
- Applicants for grades 7-12: They may schedule an optional interview during a classroom visit day or on a Saturday where they will have about a twenty minute informal conversation with an Overlake teacher or staff member.
Admission Key Dates
January 16, 2020
Completed Application due
February 6, 2020
Financial Aid Application due
February 21, 2020
Upper School Notification
March 20, 2020
Middle School Notification