Bus & Guest Passes
There are two different types of transportation passes at Overlake: bus and guest passes. See below for descriptions, policies, and instructions on getting a pass. Please show courtesy to the office staff and the bus drivers by making your student’s bus arrangements before noon on the day the pass is needed.
A bus pass is required if your student needs to ride a different bus or get off the bus at a different bus stop than normal. Students are allowed an unlimited number of bus passes, providing there is room on the second bus. Parent/guardian permission is required before a bus pass can be issued.
Email Bill Neil, Transportation Coordinator, with the following information:
- date pass is needed
- what route/stop the child will be using instead of their regular route/stop*
A copy of the email outlining the change will be provided to our bus drivers.
*If your student needs to ride a different bus (or to a different stop) on a regular basis, please send an email spelling out the details of when and where and an ongoing bus pass will be issued so you don’t have to contact the office each time.
A guest pass is required if your student is bringing a friend home with him/her who is not enrolled in the transportation program. Overlake needs permission from the visiting student’s parent to ride a bus to a friend’s home. Students are allotted a limited number of guest passes based on the type of bus service purchased.
Parents of BOTH students need to email Bill Neil, Transportation Coordinator, with the following information:
- both student names
- date pass is needed
- what route/stop the visiting child will be using
The enrolled student’s guest pass count will be used. A copy of the email outlining the guest arrangements will be provided to our bus drivers.
- Overlake has the right to deny bus and guest passes that are requested at the last minute (except emergencies).
- Please arrange your child’s bus transportation before noon the day of the request.
- For safety reasons, students will not be allowed to board a different bus or get off at a different stop unless the driver has proper documentation.
- We will make the requested change provided there is space on the bus.
- If we are issuing a guest pass, the enrolled rider must have unused guest passes.
To insure the safety of our students, we need parent or guardian permission before allowing a student to ride a different bus or to get off the bus at a different stop. Students will not be allowed to board a different bus or get off at a different stop unless a parent has contacted the school and a bus pass or guest pass has been issued. We are not able to hold buses at the school while students try to make last minute arrangements for their afternoon bus ride. This isn’t fair to all the other students on the bus—or the parents that are waiting at the stop for a late bus.
to view bus service details and fees, download the transportation calendar, and register your student for transportation.