MS Dance Rules of Conduct
Middle school dances are planned and organized by the Middle School ASB. Dances are for students in 7th & 8th grades. All school rules apply to school dances. Dances are held on campus and generally run from 7:00-9:30pm.
Our responsibility for each student is taken very seriously at school dances. We want dances to be fun in a safe and comfortable environment. With this in mind, it is important that all students know and follow the guidelines below.
- Students should arrive at the dance no later than 1/2 hour after the dance starts unless they have permission from a parent and the Middle School Head.
- While at the dance, students need to stay in the designated location or close to the entryway. Please do not venture to other areas of the building or campus. Chaperones need to know where students are at all times.
- Mash pits and body smashes may result in injury. Students will not engage in such activity.
- Students may not leave the dance until they are picked up by a parent. At the end of the dance students should remain in the building until located by a parent. Students should not go to the parking lot. Parents will come to students. (It is important that parents know they should come inside the building at the end of the dance.)
- Students may bring one middle school guest to approved dances. Overlake students will assume full responsibility for their guest's conduct at the dance and thus will accept the consequences of their guest’s behavior. A guest permission form must be submitted in advance.
- Appropriate dancing is an understood expectation. Students should face each other at all times when dancing. “Freak” dancing or any dance of a vulgar nature will result in removal from the dance.
- If a student is sent home from a dance they will not be invited to dances in the same school year.