Overlake welcomes applications from international students. Please review the following information before making a decision to apply:
- Applicants who are attending a school outside the United States are classified as "international" applications regardless of country of birth and citizenship.
- We do not work with education agents or consultants. International families must apply directly to our school and be available for communication during the admission process.
- Overlake does not offer English as a Second Language (ESL) or English Language Learning (ELL) classes. Students must be fluent in spoken and written English at the time of application.
- We are not a boarding school and do not arrange for homestays. All students must live with their parents.
- The application fee for an international student is $200.00.
- An international applicant follows the same application process as a domestic applicant.
- Either Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT) or Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE) scores including the writing sample are accepted. While Overlake will accept either the SSAT or ISEE, we prefer the SSAT. Current year exam results are required.
- In addition to the SSAT, we require all applicants to grades 6-12 take the Character Skills Snapshot.
- The Test Of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL or TOEFL Jr) or Secondary Level English Proficiency (SLEP) test do not fulfill the testing requirement; they will be accepted as additional documentation.
- International applicants will be offered interviews after all pieces of the application are received.
- We do not accept mid-year transfers.