Driving, Parking, and Riding
Any student that wishes to drive to and from school must do the following steps:
- Go to the Veracross Parent/Guardian Portal and with their parent/guardian, click on the “Update Household Profile” section found on the right-hand side. Then click on the “Review Vehicles” section.
- For Juniors and Seniors, there are directions to gain off-campus Lunch driving privileges.
- Read the prompt and enter the appropriate information in the “Notes” field
- Collect a parking sticker from the Assistant Head of Upper School, Krishna Davda.
- We will verify your current registry in the Veracross System during sticker collection.
- Bring a photo of your vehicle(s) to confirm the information matches.
- Display the Parking Sticker on the chosen vehicle:
- Front windshield
- Or Rear windshield
Registered vehicles indicate the car(s) that a student drives to/from school. By registering a vehicle, students and their families acknowledge that the driver has read and agreed to follow driving/riding and parking rules while on campus.
All drivers on campus must drive carefully and observe posted signs. The campus speed limit is 15 mph to help ensure the safety of pedestrians and other drivers; inappropriate driving anywhere, including off-campus, may be a reason for concern. Complaints about student driving, if justified, will result in parental contact and/or disciplinary action.
Permission to drive on the Overlake campus will be revoked if the appropriate driving permission form has not been submitted or if the driver is not following the posted rules or Washington State Laws.
Parking at Overlake is limited. All students, parents, and visitors to campus should park in appropriate places. All students, including seniors, must park in the lower lot prior to the lower turnaround. Failure to follow parking and driving rules may result in the suspension of driving privileges. Everyone must respect the No Parking, Fire Lane, Visitor, Handicapped, and Reserved Parking signs.
Student Driving and Carpooling from Athletic Events
The Overlake School will make transportation available for student-athletes both to and from road games and off-campus practices. For logistical reasons, we sometimes allow other methods of transportation aside from our team buses. The coach must have a signed Athletics Driving Form from the parent to allow other methods of transportation.
Assistant Upper School Head