Rules of Conduct
Safety and respect for all students are the primary concerns for Transportation Department. The following rules and guidelines are designed to provide students a safe ride to and from school.
- Students should arrive at the bus stop five minutes prior to the scheduled departure time.
- Students who need to ride a different bus or get off at a different bus stop will need a bus pass. To bring a non-riding friend home, the friend will need a guest pass. For student safety, all bus and guest pass procedures must be followed. Please reference the Bus and Guest Passes page for the process to obtain these passes.
- Students are under the authority of the bus driver. The driver has the right to assign seats based on the safety needs of the bus.
- Out of respect for fellow students, the Overlake School and for safety of all passengers students should:
- Remain seated and not change seating while the bus is moving without the permission of the bus driver.
- Keep all hands and arms inside the bus and do not make gestures to motorist
- Refrain from throwing things out of the bus.
- Maintain a classroom level voice. Conversations shall be kept appropriate without obscene language.
- Any form of harassment will not be tolerated
- It is important to keep the aisle-ways clear. Backpacks, personal belongings and band instruments should be in the same seat area as the student.
- In accordance with state school bus laws, students shall not bring any live animals or glass containers on the bus.
The school will communicate to parents if a problem is developing so that we can work together for an acceptable solution. Student’s that violate the rules of conduct may lose bus riding privileges. Appropriate action may be taken by the US Dean of Students or the MS Head, as necessary.
to view bus service details and fees, download the transportation calendar, and register your student for transportation.