Summer Program 2021 COVID-19 Policies
Due to COVID-19, we are approaching Summer 2021 with a set of program modifications to ensure the health and safety of our campers, counselors, and teachers. We are planning to provide in-person camps while also preparing contingency plans if we cannot do so safely. We will post our camp schedule in early February, and registration opens on March 1.
We are approaching Summer 2021 through the lens of health, safety, and flexibility. We are planning to run in-person camps this summer while also preparing contingency plans if we cannot do so safely. Our blueprint for Summer 2021 is informed by current public health recommendations surrounding cohorts and groupings for schools and camps. The following bullet points outline the specific modifications we have in place as we prepare for summer, and we will adapt them as needed as we learn more information this spring.
Policies & Procedures
- Reduced Number of Total Camps We have decreased the overall size of our program to limit the total number of individuals on campus in any given week.
- Modified Cohort Groupings All camps will operate in isolation from other camps, eliminating cross-group interactions for students, counselors, and teachers.
- Refined Half-Day and Full-Day Schedule Half-day camps will run from 9:00 to 12:00 and full-day camps will run from 9:00 to 4:00. Because of the changes to cohort groupings, we have eliminated preference selections from the registration process; what you register for is what you will get.
- Emphasis on the Outdoors All our camps will have a dedicated outdoor space where most of their activities will take place.
- Increased Support Staff We will hire more counselors so that camps can break into smaller groups and spread out in a larger area.
- Revised Drop-Off Procedures Drop-off will include a health screening and campers will go directly to their camps.
- Grab-and-Go Lunch Lunch will still be available for purchase, but will be structured differently. Whereas before all full-day campers came together for lunch, now campers will stay with their cohorts and eat with their specific camps.
- No Extended Care To prevent cross-group interactions, we have eliminated extended care from our program. Pick-up for all full-day campers will run from 4:00 to 4:15.
- Pivot Plans As teachers design camps, they are preparing a contingency option—either outdoor-only or virtual—to ensure that we can adapt if necessary.
- Masks and Sanitation Procedures All campers, counselors, and teachers will wear masks and follow CDC guidelines surrounding hand-washing and cleaning procedures throughout the day.
Refined Payment & Refund Policies
- Instead of a full payment upon registering, families will pay a $50 non-refundable deposit to secure your spot in camp.
- We will then ask for full payment three weeks before camp begins.
- Campers that are unable to attend for COVID-related reasons will get a full refund.
If you have any questions, please contact Nate Edmunds.
- Weekly communication in the month leading into camp Weekly communications will take place for all registered families every Tuesday starting on May 25. These emails will provide updates on the status of our camps and more detailed information about our health and safety protocols.
Updated December 17, 2020