Intro to Outdoor Washington
This project week is five consecutive "day trips" for our younger students. Each day the group will try a new activity and new location. Trips include hiking, rock climbing, paddling, and an outdoor low ropes course. We will teach the skills and safety aspects of each activity so no experience is required. Each day will be a chance to explore a new activity but due to changes in weather be prepared to change the schedule around so the activity better fits the weather. This schedule is tentative and could change.
- Monday -- Low ropes Course
- Tuesday -- Rock climbing on Overlake's climbing wall and outdoor activities
- Wednesday -- Seattle Bouldering Project
- Thursday -- Hiking
- Friday -- Paddling
Have a good attitude when faced with difficult and challenging environments. Be willing to persevere through full-day physical activities.
Project Week Timeline
- Dec 15 - Student Placement Published
- Feb 13 & Mar 16 (9-9:30AM) - Project Week Group Meetings with Students
- Mar 26-30 - Project Week