Overlake Friends of the Arts & ArtsFest
Ready…Set…Celebrate the Arts at Overlake!
Procurement for the Overlake ArtsFest Auction has begun and we need you!
Overlake Friends of the Arts (OFTA) provides support for arts programs at The Overlake School and we welcome the participation of all members of our community—parents, faculty, alumni, students and friends—throughout the year.
But spring is a special time: Friday, May 5, 2017, from 6:00-8:30pm, is the date for our annual ArtsFest when the Overlake campus will come alive with art exhibits, musical performances, and a lively auction. Proceeds will benefit the Overlake Chamber Choir’s 2018 trip. You can help by contributing auction items, ideally focusing on arts themes. Below are a few ideas (but not limits!), and here you can download the procurement form:
- TICKETS to an upcoming play, concert, art exhibit or sporting event (this is Seattle, after all!)
- THEMED BASKETS for a movie night, book club, spa or golf day, wine tasting, coffee & tea time, Italian feast...and don’t forget Mother’s Day is around the corner!
- GIFT CARDS to favorite restaurants or shops
- ARTWORK by a local craftsperson.
- An ARTS EXPERIENCE. Share your talents with our community by offering a music or dance lesson, drawing or knitting instruction, or providing entertainment for a party!
Keep checking back for updates, amazing performance rosters, exciting activities, and news about the fantastic auction items that will be available on May 5!
Here are some other ways OFTA supports Overlake's youth artists:
- FRONT-OF-HOUSE. OFTA volunteers assist at drama and music performances with lobby essentials such as ticket sales, refreshments and performer recognition. Behind the scenes, OFTA supports performer recognition and helps provide food for extended and weekend rehearsals.
- MUSIC TRIP. Each year, an upper school music ensemble travels to a music festival or competition, giving students an opportunity to share their talents, learn from professionals, and connect with the broader world of performing arts. Funds raised at the ArtsFest Auction are used to alleviate the cost for each student, with a particular focus on making this program accessible to all students regardless of financial need.
- PRODUCTION SUPPORT. OFTA parents act as liaisons between creative faculty and student performers and artists, coordinating meals for long rehearsals, work parties, and post-production celebrations.
- FUNDING. Through flower sales and other fundraising projects, OFTA provides financial assistance for specialty workshops, productions, and other arts events.
OFTA volunteers meet monthly on campus and welcome the participation of all members of the Overlake Community. Click here for a schedule of upcoming OFTA meetings.