Sportscenter is meant for students to dive deeper into their passion for sports. In one week, students will learn what the life of a sports broadcaster looks like, the roles of a broadcasting team, what it takes to become a broadcaster and what a broadcaster does to prepare for a sporting event. Students will research a broadcasting mentor for an example of someone to look up to in the sports world. At the end of the week, each student will broadcast a sporting event of their choice.
Everyone in Sportscenter will receive a handheld digital voice recorder to use during and after the project. This project has been carefully planned out with the help of Seattle Mariners Broadcaster Aaron Goldsmith. The week will be filled with watching, listening, researching, playing, and broadcasting sports!
Project Week Timeline (2019-20)
- November 9 - Catalog Published
- November 20 - Independent Proposals Due
- November 10-20 - Student Selection Period
- December 20 - Student Placement Published
- January 24 (9:05 – 9:45 am) and March 13 (9-9:30 am) - Project Week Group Meetings
- March 30 - April 3 - Project Week