How It’s Made: Machining and Welding
Project Week SelectionsPlease log in to select projects.
Have you wondered how the products you use in your daily life are made? Are you interested in pursuing a career in engineering, art, or want to develop new skills? The “How It’s Made” project will expose you to hot metal, sparks and give you a chance to get your hands dirty. This project will be hosted on the campus of Lake Washington Institute of Technology. Along with learning the basics of metalworking, students will fabricate a project to utilize their new skills. Focus will be placed on the precision and ability to follow design specifications. This is your chance to get out of your comfort zone and try something new.
Students need to have transportation to and from LW Tech during the days of Project Week
Project Week Timeline (2019-20)
- November 9 - Catalog Published
- November 20 - Independent Proposals Due
- November 10-20 - Student Selection Period
- December 20 - Student Placement Published
- January 24 (9:05 – 9:45 am) and March 13 (9-9:30 am) - Project Week Group Meetings
- March 30 - April 3 - Project Week