Community Care Project
We are all aware that many members of our community are less fortunate than us. This is a fun and highly rewarding week of community service projects that meet the needs of people that could do with our support. Over the course of the week we'll have the opportunity to visit a variety of locations around the Seattle metropolitan area. Our activities might include: serving a meal to people experiencing homelessness, cleaning up a beach or park, working with elders in a senior center, helping to take care of kids in a special needs classroom, fixing up a shelter, or working outside at a local farm.
The educational objectives of Community Care Project are to learn about the needs of our community and how we, as individuals and as a small, energetic and devoted group, can help meet those needs. We will learn about working together with our peers to maximize the impact of our efforts towards making our community a better place, and about ourselves and our neighbors.
Participants will receive credit for 15 service hours.
Project Week Timeline (2019-20)
- November 9 - Catalog Published
- November 20 - Independent Proposals Due
- November 10-20 - Student Selection Period
- December 20 - Student Placement Published
- January 24 (9:05 – 9:45 am) and March 13 (9-9:30 am) - Project Week Group Meetings
- March 30 - April 3 - Project Week