Overlake Fund FAQ
The Overlake Fund (formerly called the Annual Fund) is the school’s single most important fundraising effort for the school each year, and impacts every student, every teacher, every family, every day. The Overlake Fund strengthens each aspect of the school, including:
- Faculty and staff professional development
- Financial Aid
- The arts
- Maintenance of our beautiful campus
Our goal is to raise $700,000 from all members of our community. Each and every gift makes a difference.
- Donate online
- Mail in or drop off a check payable to "The Overlake School" and include "Overlake Fund" in the memo line:
The Overlake School
Attn: Development Office
20301 NE 108th St
Redmond, WA 98053
- Make a stock transfer -- please contact Brisen Brady in the Development Department for instructions.
- Pledge online or contact Julia Hunt '05 in the Development Department to set up your pledge. All pledges should be fulfilled by June 30, 2017 and can be paid in installments or at one time.
Every donation, regardless of the amount, is deeply appreciated. We ask current parents to make Overlake their philanthropic priority, and to consider making a meaningful gift appropriate to their circumstances. Gifts to the Overlake Fund have ranged from $1 - $50,000+ each year. Donors will be recognized in the following giving circles:
- Friends of Overlake: $1 - $99
- Century Club: $100 - $249
- Green and Gold Club: $250 - $499
- 1967 Club: $500 - $999
- Owls Nest Club: $1,000 - $2,499
- Leadership Society: $2,500 - $4,999
- Educational Partners: $5,000 - $9,999
- Excellentiam Inspirare Circle: $10,000 - $19,999
- Head’s Council: $20,000+
- Your donation to the Overlake Fund enables the school to attract and retain exceptional teachers, and provide them with professional development to deepen their scholarship.
- Your donation ensures that our students receive the best possible education, and that all of our programs receive the resources they need to thrive.
- Your support inspires our alumni and other friends of Overlake to give as well.
- Strong participation encourages support from outside funders, such as foundations and grant-making organizations.
Senior and alumni parents, please see the next question.
Since 2013-2014, families with graduating students have been invited to support their Senior Class Legacy Fund in lieu of the Overlake Fund, and help grow Overlake’s endowment for financial aid in a meaningful and lasting way. Gifts to the endowment benefit the school in perpetuity, as the principal is never spent and the interest earned provides an additional income stream each year. Alumni parents and alums are invited to support their named Class Legacy Fund as well.
Current parents’ donations to the Class of 2017 Legacy Fund count toward overall parent participation in the Overlake Fund. Please note our separate fundraising goal for the Class of 2017 Legacy Fund is $50,000+.
To donate to your Class Legacy Fund, please contact Julia Hunt ’05.
Matching gifts will be applied toward a donor’s total giving level. Please contact Julia Hunt ’05 with any questions regarding matching gifts.