Summer Program 2020 COVID-19 Changes
Due to COVID-19, there were changes to this year’s Summer Program. In these uncertain times, we're not sure what next year will look like, but we can say Summer Program 2020 was a resounding success in the face of adversity, running 14 Virtual Camps + Kits for over 80 students. If you're interested in Summer Program 2021, feel free to check out the posted camp descriptions from last year. We will update with more information in January of 2021.
All Camps Transitioning to Summer Virtual Camp + Kit
Due to continued health and safety risks associated with COVID-19 and the current information available surrounding when Washington state might enter Phase 3, we no longer believe we will be able to safely host camps on campus this summer. Every camp from June 15 to July 31 will now be held virtually.
We are pivoting to Plan B, Summer Virtual Camp + Kit, which provides project-based enrichment opportunities that students can complete independently and safely from their own homes.
- include curbside pick-up materials kits
- include daily virtual sessions with a teacher to support students in engaging, hands-on projects
- cost $100 for each one-week, half-day camp
- follow our usual weekly structure, with new camps starting each Monday
Registration for virtual camps from June 15 to July 3 is open, and we will update the schedule and open registration for July virtual camps by mid/late June.
Refunds or Transferring Registration
For all camps that have been canceled and any students unable to attend camp due to COVID-19, we are providing a choice between a full refund or registration transfer to the new Summer Virtual Camp + Kit.
- New families may register for virtual camps through Camp Doc.
- Registered families may transfer registrations or ask for a full refund.
If you have any questions, please contact Nate Edmunds.
Updated June 2, 2020